1. YESTERYEAR YUKS. To counter my bathroom mirror’s sad daily evidence of how much I’ve aged, I try to take comfort in remembering what a handsome young lad (at least I imagined!) I used to be. Too bad the only support I have for that contention are my high school and college yearbooks. And breaking those out sends my teenaged daughters into fits of hysterical laughter. I have to believe when they look at my graduation photos, it’s just the high school leisure suit and big glasses that they find so ridiculous. But I don’t test that assumption. Age has brought me one good thing – the wisdom to know when not to ask questions.Read More...
Get funny parenting stories every week.
What is this silliness?
DAD FLASHES™ offers short, funny stories about parenting and marriage. They are shared by John Luiz, the lucky husband of Claudia Sheftel Luiz and the proud father of two teenaged girls.
Recent DAD FLASHES
- Am I a card-carrying member of the surly businessmen tribe? March 14, 2015
- Our dog sets a high standard for obedience that I can’t quite measure up to! February 28, 2015
- My girls’ hand jewelry qualifies them as effective bodyguards. February 21, 2015
- My wife exposes our kids to highbrow treats. I do the lowbrow! February 14, 2015
- Is my daughter’s wanting the powers of the Persuader really necessary? February 7, 2015