1. SHORT RESOLUTIONS. Okay, one of my New Year’s resolutions is already broken. To work on getting my body mass index into the healthily fit and not just acceptable range, I had vowed to cut out all desserts. But last night, my family and I shared a slice of tiramisu at an Italian restaurant. I suppose I could kid myself into believing that eating just a quarter of a dessert doesn’t constitute a real breaking of a vow. But rather than cling to any false victory, I will take full pride in this year’s honestly gained achievement. I went a full 42 hours before breaking a resolution. So for me 2015 sets a record for determination and self-discipline that I’ve never reached before!Read More...
Get funny parenting stories every week.
What is this silliness?
DAD FLASHES™ offers short, funny stories about parenting and marriage. They are shared by John Luiz, the lucky husband of Claudia Sheftel Luiz and the proud father of two teenaged girls.
Recent DAD FLASHES
- Am I a card-carrying member of the surly businessmen tribe? March 14, 2015
- Our dog sets a high standard for obedience that I can’t quite measure up to! February 28, 2015
- My girls’ hand jewelry qualifies them as effective bodyguards. February 21, 2015
- My wife exposes our kids to highbrow treats. I do the lowbrow! February 14, 2015
- Is my daughter’s wanting the powers of the Persuader really necessary? February 7, 2015